Thursday, December 1, 2011

Jesus, you're my superhero

There is a song that the preschoolers at our church sing.


Jesus, you're my superhero, you're my star, you're my best friend


The children's ministry did a series called superheros. I couldn't really tell you what it was teaching. I only know that they asked Brian to dress up as Spiderman for the final weekend. It was a good thing he said no because apparently the suit was a little on the short side.



In the afternoon of the final Sunday, I got a call from a friend of ours who is one of the lead teachers for Quinn's Sunday school class. She called to tell me that Quinn had royally freaked out when Spiderman came into the classroom. I chuckled reassuring her that I already knew that Quinn was terrified of life size mascots and that it was no big deal. She followed up by saying the Quinn wasn't the only one to lost it....her own son had panicked as well....and it was his dad who was in the suit.


Despite the fear of Spiderman, Quinn was all too happy to wear his superhero mask that he made.

No comments: