When I was a little girl, I asked for an ice cream maker for Christmas. I'm certain that I intended a Barbie or easy bake oven type of ice cream maker. However, my mother, being the practical meets "go big or go home "type bought me a real one from the hardware store. This summer while cleaning out her basement, she found it and passed it on to the basement of it's rightful owner.
When cleaning out our basement to prepare for Baby 2, Brian found it, not knowing it was down there. He brought it up and said that it would be a fun Christmas break project to make ice cream....which really means that he just wants to eat it.
Heck....I wanted to eat it too. Mention anything about ice cream and Quinn jumps right on board.
I unpacked the pieces and found all the right parts. This was no surprise because Grandma is not only the practical meets "go big or go home," but she is also organized to a crazy level and saves everything that might be important some day. In addition to all the right parts, I found a recipe book/owners manual, warrantee information and the original recipt from Kruger's True Value for the bargain price of $22.99....from 1993.
After selecting a recipe (we stuck with a simple vanilla for our first attempt) and gathering the right ingredients, Quinn and I set to work. Every ice cream maker needs a 3 year old side kick.
Not for the dieter....milk, half and half, whipping cream, sugar and vanilla.....
Some ice and rock salt.....
40 minutes later.....soft serve.
Nap time in the deep freeze...(the ice cream...not Quinn)
Patience until after dinner...
1 comment:
That reminds me of our sleeping bags. Only kid at the sleepover with a giant blue sleeping bag....
Post a Comment