Saturday, November 26, 2011

Strange silence

The day after Thanksgiving, we put up our Christmas decorations. Quinn played inside the tree box (yes, we have a fake one...yes, I know it's lame...but it's paid for and I don't have to remember to water it) while I set it up and put the lights on.


While he napped, I decorated it and set up the nativity scene.


After he woke up, I heard, "mom, can I wake up now?" just as I do everytime he wakes up.


Only instead of running down the stairs and coming to find me for sunggles and a snack, I heard the sound of footsteps on the stairs and then silence. I peaked around the corning from the kitchen into the living room and this is what I found.



Quinn always has something to say. But just as it should for all of us, the miracle in the manger left him speechless.


No comments: