Saturday, June 12, 2010

Speaking of house...

Would you like to see my new room?



My mom liked the stripes in a friends room and thought it was a great idea. Daddy wasn't too thrilled with the idea but he loves mommy and making her happy. So he agreed. My daddy is a great painter and he's very picky. After we pulled all the tape off, daddy took a tiny brush, and I mean TINY, and hand painted the lines to get rid of all the little goobers that leaked under the tape. Come over and feel free to look really close...my daddy is awesome.

Here is the quilt and crib skirt that my mom made when I was a little baby. Every morning I still point out my quilt. But now...I remind mom and dad that there are cars on it.



My mommy decided that she could share something very special with me to make my room just right. She is letting me borrow her truck that my Great Grandpa Gunvalson made for her. All my aunts and uncle have them. Uncle Chris's is very old because he got his when he was little, probably about my age. Mom and her sisters got theirs when then were older, when grandpa was very old. It is a very special thing in our family...everytime we look at it we remember him and mommy tells me how cool he was and just how much he would have loved me....although she doesn't have to tell me. I already know he does.




Then there are these paintings. My Grandpa Gutzman made these for me. Mommy asked him to help with an art project and boy did she get a great result. He put lots of special touches...next time you come over, take a close look at all the fancy details. I love to show my mom my painting every morning after I show her my quilt. I tell her they are cars. Although...just this morning I told her fire truck. Pretty soon I'll be cranking out train and tractor too.












No comments: