I would like to introduce to you Raegan Elizabeth Mclaughlin. She's my new best friend....even though she's a girl. I guess there's not too much I could do about that part. I already learned that I can't sit on her. She and I are the same age....well...sort of. She was just a rice baby when I was born. We are both nine months...she's been on the inside and I've been on the outside. Although my mom says that her "clock" gets to start over now that she's on the outside. Back to zero, but she'll catch up. (I bet there are a lot of people out there who would like to set their "clocks" back a little bit.)
So...I've got lots of good things to teach her. I'm a master at drinking my milk. I think we'll start with that. Then we'll move on to tooting and pooping, smiling, and head holding. That will keep us pretty busy for a while. Then we'll move on to more challenging parts of the Baby 101 curriculum.
I haven't gotten to see her up close yet...apparently I'm not allowed at the hospital...some rule about being under 12 and not a sibling. But as soon as I get my first chance....I'm going crawl to Chicago to see her. First thing....I'm going to give her a big drooly kiss, tell her how much I love her already, and tell her how long I've been waiting to meet her, and how thankful I am that she is here safe.
Then after all that, I'm going to give big wet kisses to my Auntie Erin and my Uncle Kevin. I'll give them their first assignment for Baby 101. They will need to take a nap while I am giving lessons to Raegan. We'll need lots of time to cover the material on the syllabus.

2 comments:
That is so sweet. Quinn will be a great cousin and teacher to Raegan. All the new babies are making me a mussy aunt. We love you guys. Aunt Rhynda
Dear Quinn,
You have lots of good things to teach Raegan, but I am going to teach her all the neat things that come with being a girl. Us girls have to stick together you know. After you guys get through the basics, I'll cover: bows, headbands (and how to take them off), skirts and dresses. Thanks for helping her out!
XOXO,
Katelyn Hock
Post a Comment